Experienced Texas Truck Collision Lawyers Represent Injured Motorists
Focused Forney attorneys help truck accident victims pursue compensation
Tractor trailers and other large, heavy trucks often travel through Kaufman County on I-20, U.S. Route 80 and U.S. Route 175, putting the drivers and passengers in other vehicles in danger of serious harm when accidents occur. Located in Forney, Texas, the law firm of Vice & Henley, PLLC helps crash victims hold trucking companies, their drivers and other responsible parties liable for the consequences of their negligence. Our lawyers have practiced in the Dallas area since 2006 and we are well known in local courts for our prowess as negotiators and litigators.
Dedicated advocates provide legal guidance in the aftermath of truck crashes
A person who is fortunate enough to survive a trucking accident may be left with catastrophic injuries and a permanently altered quality of life. For example, victims may suffer:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Paralysis or other spinal cord injury
- Organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
The physical and mental trauma that results from a trucking accident is made worse by the burden of medical bills, lost income and other related costs. A person or entity involved in a Texas accident is liable for damages to the extent they are at fault. A victim’s negligence in the accident will diminish his or her recoverable damages but will not bar suit unless that negligence amounts to more than 50 percent of the total fault.
Established law firm skillfully establishes fault in trucking accidents
Evidence is crucial to proving fault for an accident. By retaining our firm as early as possible, you will have a professional on your side to collect and record evidence while it is still readily available. We may prove a truck driver’s fault by showing that he or she was:
- Impaired — Liquor bottles, drug paraphernalia and witness observations from the accident scene may indicate that a driver was operating a vehicle while drunk or impaired by drugs.
- Distracted — Driver inattention and distractions such as texting were factors in more than 97,000 Texas auto accidents in 2018.
- Fatigued — Truckers stay on the road for long hours, creating the danger that they may nod off at the wheel.
- Aggressive — Some truck drivers speed and engage in other unsafe maneuvering to get to their destinations quicker.
- Inadequately prepared — Whether aware of it or not, a trucker may have been operating a poorly maintained vehicle or one with defective or worn parts.
An accident can also be caused by the negligence of truck owners, cargo loaders, shipping companies, maintenance providers or others. We will thoroughly investigate your accident and gather evidence to support claims against all persons responsible.
Contact respected Forney trucking accident attorneys to schedule a free initial consultation
Vice & Henley, PLLC in Forney, Texas represents Kaufman County trucking accident victims during lawsuits and settlement negotiations. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers, call 800-531-6803 or contact us online.